Thursday, October 24, 2019

Halloween Cookies

A bubbling cauldron of Halloween brew!

I'm gone a lot for October, actually right now I'm in Oregon recruiting on college campuses.  But, before I left I decorated some Halloween cookies.  The cookies were a spiced sugar cookie and I added maple flavoring to the royal icing.
What do witches put in their potions?  Eye of newt, shining stars...

There are several things I need to work on.  I forgot to use the smoother when the cookies came out of the oven.  I can't believe what a difference it makes using it.  I consoled myself with the bumpy texture of the cauldrons with the fact that cauldrons are usually bumpy from all the use they get.  I am still working on the right consistency for royal icing and I really need to work on keeping air bubbles out of the frosting.  Every green bubble had an air bubble and dried with a little hole, so I'll have to figure that one out.
First layer of bubbles

I did one layer on each pan then
added the second layer of bubbles.


But, overall I thought they were cute and very Halloweeny!  I get home on the 27th, just in time to buy candy for the trick or treaters at our house.
Three layers of bubbles and then the
extra ingredients.

1 year ago:    Keto Lemon Drop Martini and Wanting toCrawl Under the Rug
5 years ago:  Apple Pumpkintini and Getting Wood Delivered
7 years ago:  The Good Friend and Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

October 24, 2019  Sunrise 9:11 am  Sunset 5:56 pm  Temp H 28/L 20°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.