Friday, October 11, 2019

New Offices and Muffin in a Mug Cinnamon Roll

Breakfast at my desk.

Our office got moved to a "new" building.  As part of a consolidation effort for our university, one of the old dorms has been changed into an office building.  When I say "changed" I mean the beds have been removed and our office furniture has been moved in.  So, I can now say that I have stayed in a dorm at UAF!

One of the perks of our new office space is a kitchen with a working oven.  The other building we were in did not have an oven.  So, I figured it would be wonderful to bring cinnamon rolls and bake them in our oven so our whole floor would smell warm, cinnamony and sweet.  I made these cinnamon rolls without the caramel (I wanted to see how the oven baked before I added the caramel), put them together at home while Dave and I watched football and then put them in the refrigerator overnight.  I took them to work the next morning and baked them there.  And, because there was no caramel sauce I made a quick cream cheese frosting for the top.
Cinnamon rolls and cream cheese frosting
for my work mates.

Now, I am all about bringing treats for everyone else, but I am not about to leave myself out of a treat opportunity.  So, I made a muffin in a mug cinnamon roll.  It was easy and very delicious, warm out of the microwave and topped with syrup.  Next time I'll top with a little butter too, just because I can.  I also have decided to keep a couple of these mixes in my desk drawer so when I need a little warm treat I can whip it up any time I want.
My little treat mix I brought to work.

Mixed and ready for the microwave

Mmmmm, syrup.


Cinnamon Muffin in a Mug

1-1/2 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. almond flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
1 Tbsp. sweetener of choice, right now I'm loving a monk fruit-erythritol mix
1/2 tsp. cinnamon, I like a little more
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

In a microwave safe cup or bowl, melt butter.  Add all the other ingredients to the cup and mix well.  Microwave for 60-90 seconds until batter is completely cooked (at home it took 60 seconds, at work it took 90).
Top with syrup, keto cream cheese frosting, chocolate chips or butter.

The view out my new office window...yes, we have snow.


1 year ago:    Creamy Mushroom Soup and Going to Work in the Dark
3 years ago:   Seeded Whole Grain Quick Bread
5 years ago:   Banana Muffins and Little Blue Cougar Pills

October 11, 2019   Sunrise 8:30 am  Sunset 6:32 pm  Temp. H 35/ L 22°F.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.