Thursday, August 16, 2018

Grilled Chicken Thighs

We grill all year long.  And when I say we I mean I grill in the summer and Dave can grill in the winter because I'm not going out there when it is cold when I have a perfectly good oven in the warm house.

We've had this chicken recipe about three time so far this summer.  I love making a big batch and then I have lunch for the week.  Dave isn't crazy about chicken, so I get all the left-overs.  I package them individually so I can grab one out of the freezer and be ready for lunch. And, this chicken is good cold or warmed up.
I love having lunch options in the freezer.  It keeps me on track by not going out, I eat at my desk and work so I can walk one of the many trails on campus for a good 20 minutes during my break.  I really like it when Dave cooks these over charcoal, it adds a nice flavor.  I don't have time for that so when I have to cook them they are cooked on the propane grill.  They are good either way.  



Grilled Chicken Thighs

1/2 cup avocado oil
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. dried thyme
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
1 Tbsp. ground cumin
3-4 lbs. chicken thighs
salt and pepper

Pat chicken thighs dry, sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Combine avocado oil, apple cider vinegar, thyme, garlic, paprika and ground cumin (I pour everything into the container I'm going to marinade in and whisk it together).  Add chicken and turn to coat.  Marinade for 1 hour to overnight.

Preheat grill so the grates are very hot.  Grill chicken over indirect heat, starting with skin side down.  I grill for 10-15 minutes on each side, cook until juices run clear.

1 year ago:   Tired

August 16, 2018  Sunrise 5:41 am  Sunset 10:06 pm  Temp. H58/ L 45°F


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.