Monday, August 13, 2018

Spinach Artichoke Pull-Apart Rolls

Our last camping trip, I think, at least the last one I can count on this year.  We are headed to Seattle for Gman's 2nd birthday, then I have surgery on my wrist, then Dave is gone to moose camp and I start my fall travel.  Posts will be few and far between for a while.
A ride up to the rock and a toast to the last camping
trip of the season.  
We camped, we rode our 4 wheelers, we took naps, we ate and drank (just a little).  It was a good weekend.  Any weekend out in Alaska is a good weekend.
We were trying to let the dog blanket dry.
Tek decided he still needed to sit on it.
I made a special little treat for before dinner.  I put this together at home and then assembled it out at camp.  I cooked it on the covered grill.  Next time I'll use my dutch oven.  The rolls cooked, but they didn't brown up nicely.  That didn't stop us from eating them and they were delicious.  Then we put the dip on our steaks at dinner.  Left-overs were my lunch the next day.
Cooking on the covered grill works, but the bread doesn't
toast up on the top like it will in your oven at home.

Spinach Artichoke Pull-Apart Rolls
adapted from Cast Iron Keto, blog

For the Rolls:
6 oz. cream cheese
2 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella, low moisture works best here
3 eggs
2 1/4 Tablespoons baking powder
1 cup + 1/2 Tablespoon almond flour

For the Dip:
4 oz. cream cheese
1- 7 oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/2 cup mozzarella
1/4 cup parmesean
1/2 cup frozen spinach, chopped
4 green onions, sliced
2 large cloves garlic, chopped fine
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Make the rolls:  melt cream cheese and mozzarella in the microwave until soft and easy to mix.  Add eggs, baking powder an almond flour, mix well.  Chill in refrigerator for 10 minutes.

In the meantime, make dip.  In a medium bowl add all the dip ingredients and mix well with a hand mixer.  Set aside.

Take dough from refrigerator and make into 12 balls.  Roll them in your hands to shape them, I wet my hands and that helped the dough not stick.  Place balls around the edges of your cast iron pan.  Cool in refrigerator for at least 10 minutes or up to overnight. 

Preheat oven to 400°F.  Spoon dip in the middle of your pan.  Bake for 15-20 minutes or until rolls are golden brown and fluffy and dip is hot throughout.  Serve.

2 years ago:  End of the Summer
4 years ago:  Brandy Alexander and New Cookbooks
5 years ago:  Happy Home Makeer - Drink of the Week

August 13, 2018  Sunrise 5:31 am  Sunset 10:17 pm  Temp. H 59/ L 47°F



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.