Friday, April 26, 2019

Rhubarb Mimosa


I made this rhubarb cake when I saw all the snow, but I only had frozen rhubarb so I cooked it  and reduced some of the liquid before I added it to the cake, and I saved a little for my Friday night drink of the week.  The Rhubarb Mimosa!  I love it.  It is tart and a little sassy and really brightens up my glass of champagne.

Now, I usually order my mimosa without the orange juice because orange juice is just a waste of space in a champagne glass, but his rhubarb sauce in my champagne might just have to be the Spring drink of the season.

Rhubarb Mimosa

1 Tbsp. rhubarb sauce
champagne

Place rhubarb sauce in glass, top with champagne.  Enjoy

How I made my rhubarb sauce
4 cups fresh or frozen rhubarb
1/2 cup granulated sweetener, I used Boca Sweet (more or less sweetener to liking)
2 Tbsp. water, if using fresh rhubarb

In a medium saucepan, over medium high heat, bring rhubarb and sweetener to boil, reduce to simmer and let cook and reduce for 35-40 minutes.  Remove from heat and cool.  Use for topping ice cream, this rhubarb cake, on toast, or in this drink!

1 year ago:    This Sums Up My Week
5 years ago:  Carrot-Ginger Soup
7 years ago:  S'mores S'more ways - One of these boys graduates from high school this year!

April 26, 2019   Sunrise 5:35 am  Sunset 10:03 pm  Temp. H 47/ L 23°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.