Monday, August 26, 2019

Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut with Garlic Cream Sauce


Macadamia nut crusted halibut in a puddle of garlic cream.
It was the weekend for hornet stings.  Hornets, wasps, I don't really know the difference but I do know we had some trouble with them in Seattle over the weekend.  

We were sitting outside with Gman and eating dinner, one pesky hornet kept buzzing us and landed on Gman's leg.  He was playing and didn't see it and bent his leg and started to squish the hornet, the hornet stung his leg.  Poor Gman didn't know what got him, but it hurt and he cried.  After we cleaned it and got an ice bag and some grandma cuddles he was doing better.

Then, the next day, we were at the park and a hornet landed on my finger and stung me.  I felt something and looked down to see that hornet just sitting on my finger. I flung it away only for it to continue to return and then sting me twice on the top of my foot!  We got out of there and Gman and I talked about our hornet stings for the rest of the weekend.

Well, Dave and I are home now, and other than a couple little red bumps, all is well with those stings.

It doesn't stop me from trying to get some sympathy from my husband (it's not really working), so I fixed this delicious halibut to make myself feel better.  The garlic cream sauce is so good, and so easy.  You can even make it when you have a hornet sting on your finger.





Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut

4 3-4 oz. Halibut steaks, skin removed
1/2 cup roasted, salted macadamia nuts
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1 egg
2 Tbsp. coconut flour
2 Tbsp. coconut or avocado oil

Preheat oven to 350°F, warm a cast iron skillet (or other oven safe skillet) and add about 2 Tbsp. coconut oil.  Prepare breading station by whisking egg in a bowl with 1 Tbsp. water, place coconut flour in a second bowl. Chop macadamia nuts to a small grind (I use my coffee grinder reserved for nuts and spices or my food processor and pulse) and mix with parmesan in a third bowl.

Dip halibut in coconut flour and shake off well, dip in egg wash and cover with the nut/cheese mixture. In a cast iron skillet heated to medium-hight, brown the macadamia nuts, about 3-4 minutes a side.  Once halibut is browned, put cast iron pan in oven for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily and is cooked through the middle.

Meanwhile, make garlic cream sauce.

Garlic Cream Sauce
1/2 cup butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup heavy cream

In a small heavy bottomed sauce pan, melt butter on medium low, add garlic and turn down to low.  Poach garlic for 8-10 minutes while fish bakes.  Add heavy cream and bring to a medium warm temperature.  Remove from heat, strain through a fine mesh strainer into a small pitcher or bowl.  Serve with halibut immediately.
Serves 4
I love the purple cauliflower I grew this year.

1 year ago:    New Adventures for Family
5 years ago:  Blackberry Cheesecake
7 years ago:  Nutella Meringues

August 26, 2019   Sunrise 6:12 am  Sunset 9:30 pm  Temp. H 64/ L 47°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.