Monday, August 5, 2019

Raspberry Lemon Drop Martini - Keto remake


Since I had surgery on my foot 6 weeks ago, my dad has been doing the watering for me.  Everyday he waters the greenhouse, the hanging baskets, the flower beds and the flower and vegetable boxes.  He also started picking the raspberries a couple weeks ago.  He goes out every day and picks the ripe raspberries, my mom goes out and helps him.  We rinse the berries and I pop them on a sheet pan and into the freezer and once they are frozen I put them in a large ziplock.

Well, the berries are fresh and so flavorful that I have been using them in things like this raspberry cheesecake fool and a keto friendly remake of this raspberry lemon drop martini.

My parents are leaving on the 15 of this month and I'll have to take over the watering duties, although gardening is almost over for Fairbanks by then so I'll just focus on garden clean-up.  In the meantime, I'll have another one of these and watch the watering continue.
Yes, that is a Christmas tree charm on my glass.
I leave it there all year!

Keto Raspberry Lemon Drop Martini

6 fresh or frozen raspberries
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. powdered swerve, or sweetener of choice
3-6 drops stevia glycerate, optional and to taste
2 oz. good vodka
lemon sparkling water

In a cocktail shaker muddle raspberries, lemon juice, swerve and stevia until raspberries are broken down and sweetener is dissolved.  Add vodka and shake until cold and well mixed.  Pour into glass (you can strain if you don't want the seeds, but I don't strain this drink) and top with a splash of sparkling water. 

August 5, 2019  Sunrise 5:04 am  Sunset 10:47pm  Temp. H 62/ L 53°F


1 year ago:    Lemon curd Ice Cream and the Mad Dash
3 years ago:  The REAL Grapenut Bread
5 years ago:  Brandy Alexander and New Cookbooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.