Thursday, April 9, 2020

Truck Update, Making Groceries Last and French 75


Dave has found some extra time to work on the truck.  It has been sitting for a while because he has decided he doesn't like working on it with me.  I am not strong enough, I don't know what I am doing, and I try his patience, so he works on the truck and I ooohhhh and aaaahhh over the results.  This is really a win-win because working on the truck isn't my favorite thing to do.
He has made a lot of progress.




So, he has made some progress.  The new fuel pump is on, the new carburetor is on, some rust stopping paint has been applied, new water pumps installed and the new fenders made it to town!  I am very excited.

While he is busy in the garage with the truck, I'm busy at work or in the house.  Dave did the grocery shopping about two weeks ago, and while we have plenty to last the next month, some of the fresh produce is at the end of its fresh life.  I roasted the last of the fresh tomatoes and will be making tomato soup. I froze the last two heads of cauliflower for later use, and I froze some bell peppers before they all had to be thrown away.

I have reinstated the one adult drink a week rule. I should make a rule about wearing real pants at least one day a week so be sure I can still fit in them, but I don't really need that kind of negativity right now.  This drink of the week, the French 75, is a classic.  You can make it with gin or vodka and you can make a simple syrup or just mix a little confectioner's Swerve into the drink to make it a bit easier.

French 75

1/2 oz. lemon juice
1/2 oz. simple syrup or 1 tsp. granulated Swerve, or sweetener of choice
1 oz. gin, I love Bombay Gin
3 oz. champagne
lemon twist

Cut a ribbon of lemon zest from a lemon, set aside.  Cut lemon and juice it, set aside.

In a shaker, filled with ice, add lemon juice, simple syrup or sweetener and gin.  Shake well, strain into glass.  Top with champagne.  Twist the lemon peel over the top of the drink and then add it.  Enjoy.
We woke up to this snow this weekend.  I don't know
why he is clearing the cars, it's not like we can
go anywhere!

1 year ago:    Rhubarb Coffee Cake and the Mean Trick
7 years ago:   Oven Baked Onion Rings

April 9, 2020  Sunrise 6:35 am  Sunset 9:11 pm  Temp H26/ L 8°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.