Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Strawberry Hot Chocolate Bombs and Halloween Preparations

Strawberry Hot Chocolate Bombs
 

I don't know where this week has gone, I woke up Monday morning and now it is Wednesday!  Work has been unusually busy this week and I've had all kinds of things to do in order to get ready for Halloween.  I've made hot chocolate bombs, paint your own cookies and now I'm working on some truffle stuffed chocolate frogs all for our little trick or treaters.  

Chocolate hot chocolate bombs ready for bagging.
I love seeing all the kids in their costumes, of course in Alaska it is hard to see the costumes under their coats, hats, gloves and boots.  But you get the idea (with most of them) and those little boys always think they are so tough and/or scary and the little girls are alway so beautiful in their princess costumes. (YES, I am generalizing and not all boys or girls dress up in those gender typical costumes, give me a bit of grace.)

Mummies  for Mummy Milk
We pull our fire pit to the front of the house and have a fire going all evening, people stop and warm up.  We also have hot apple cider out front and Dave and I stay outside and visit with everyone as their kids stop by for candy.  It  is such a fun evening.  This year we will have to do it a little different.  We will have the fire going but Dave and I will sit back by the house and let parents warm up, to maintain social distance.  Candy bowls will be on a table and kids will help themselves, and hot apple cider will be available, but it will be strictly serve-yourself.  
Dried Strawberries decorate the 
strawberry hot chocolate bombs.

The strawberry hot chocolate mix makes a ton, so I made some for trick or treat bags (we have about 12 special kids I make bags for) and the rest of the mix will go into Christmas treat bags.  If I have more time I'll post my process to make bombs then, or you can search it on Pinterest (that's what I did).
Hot Chocolate Bombs packaged and ready for
trick-or-treaters

I love Avery printable labels.  
I just run them through my printer.

Chocolate truffle frogs, ready to hop in your mouth!

Happy Halloween! I hope you enjoy more treats than tricks.



Pink Hot Chocolate
1 cup Nestlé Strawberry milk mix
1 1/2 cups powdered milk
1 (3.3 oz.) pkg. instant white chocolate pudding mix
2 cups white chocolate chips, or white chocolate bomb shells
marshmallows

Mix strawberry milk mix, powdered milk and white chocolate pudding mix.  If not using white chocolate milk bomb shells, freezer white chocolate chips.  Once frozen blend until finely ground.  Mix white chocolate into strawberry mix.  

To make strawberry hot chocolate.  Mix two tablespoons with 6-8 oz. hot milk or water.  Top with marshmallows.   


Pour hot water or milk over the bomb



Out pops marshmallows and a delicious cup
of hot chocolate.

1 year ago:    Moose in the Morning and Keto Black Widow Cocktail
7years ago:  Cranberry Liqueur


October 28, 2020  Sunrise 9:27am  Sunset 5:40 pm  Temp H 23/ L 10°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.