Thursday, May 31, 2018

Keto Butter Pecan Ice Cream and That Dog...

Last weekend, I got everything planted.  I have 4 hanging baskets in the front, 9 baskets along the fence, 4 on the green house.  I planted the boxes around the deck, the green house, the garden boxes, the assorted pots and I did some major weeding.  I can feel every muscle in my body, some I forgot I had.  And the kneeling and leaning forward to plant and pull weeds has made it so uncomfortable to sit, my bum and back of my legs hurt.  I guess it is a good hurt.
Yes, that is a hole, where a strawberry plant used to be...
Well, Dave was gone fishing and I had all the dogs.  The little dogs were fine, even though Hershey has to bark at every moving leaf when Dave is gone.  Lily is the best dog in the house and then there is Tek.  He is still all puppy, but he is 120 pounds of all puppy. And he is wanting to eat and play with all the new plants outside.  I plant a strawberry, turn to grab a violet and he has already pulled the strawberry out of the dirt.  If I don't walk outside with him for a potty break, I come out to a flower and veggie massacre...dead green bodies all over the deck and pavers.  Have I told you lately how much I hate that dog.

Well, I needed a break from the planting and weeding, and an indoor activity so Tek would leave the plants alone.  I have been craving ice cream and have had to actively talk myself out of getting ice cream at Cold Stone, I was in the store this weekend and turned myself around.  So I made some Keto safe ice cream and I can have it anytime I want.  This batch made 10 scoops.  I had two the first night, because I needed a pretty picture, but now I can pull a scoop out of the freezer and have dessert any night of the week.

The butter pecan is rich, creamy and the toasty pecans are the perfect crunch.  This would be really good between two of my favorite flourless chocolate cookies or these chocolate chip cookies.  Now I need to make some cookies and try it out.

Just a side note, the sun does not technically set today.  It rose at 3:34 but doesn't set until 12:01 tomorrow morning.  We also are in a time where we don't really have night.  The sun doesn't dip below the horizon enough to give us night, we only have twilight.  I love summer.
Topped with Choczero caramel and more pecans.  Delicious!

Keto Butter Pecan Ice Cream
adapted from Sugar Free Mom

1/4 cup butter, melted
2 cups heavy cream
1/3 cup Swerve confectioners sweetener
5-10 drops liquid stevia vanilla
1/4 tsp. sea salt
2 egg yolks*
2 tsp. maple extract
1 Tbsp. Choczero Maple Pecan sweetener, or more Swerve
1 Tbsp. MCT oil
2 Tbsp. pecans toasted, chopped


Place all ingredients, except pecans, in blender.  Blend until smooth.  Pour mixture into ice cream machine and process according to your machine's directions.  At end of cycle, add pecans just to mix.  Serve immediately or scoop into muffin cups and freeze.  Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before you want to serve.

*If you do not want to use uncooked egg yolks, you can heat the butter and heavy cream until just before a boil, add swerve and stir until combined.  Add 1/2 cup of the cream to the egg yolks, whisking constantly, add 1/2 cup more of the cream-butter to the eggs, then add the cream-egg mixture to the butter-cream mixture, whisking constantly.  Bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat and add the rest of the ingredients. Cool in refrigerator for at least 2 hours up to overnight.

10 servings, 242 cal, 25.6 g fat, 1.6 g carbs, 1.6 g protein

3 years ago:  The New "Camper"
4 years ago:  Apricot Crumble and Getting Caught in Hail
6 years ago:  A Letter to My Hero

May 31, 2018  Sunrise 3:34am  Sunset 12:01am  Temp. H 60/ L 40˚F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.