Monday, December 15, 2014

Early Christmas Gifts



I had the night off from June duty and was home madly making Christmas cheer, meaning I was finally wrapping Christmas gifts for under the tree. I got three gift wrapped; one each for Dave, the Bboy, and the Chick, and moved on to other things, but I had gifts under the tree and was feeling good.

The next night I was at June's and I got this text from my son...


Riley had chewed open the only gift I had gotten so far for the Chick...crap.  I was really planning on just gift cards for the kids this year, and this one "real" gift for the Chick.  And Riley ruined it.  So we went to plan B and I went shopping over the weekend.  I guess it wasn't the worse thing that could happen that day, but I have decided to drink my way to January.  Cheers!


Candy Cane Cocktail
from Drink Kings
1 tsp. grenadine
1 oz. peppermint schnapps
1 oz. white cream de cocoa
2 oz. heavy cream

Pour grenadine into cocktail glass.  Shake peppermint schnapps, white cream de coca and heavy cream in cocktail shaker with ice.  Strain slowly into prepared glass. You could garnish with a candy cane on the side, but that just gets in my way when I'm trying to drink.  Enjoy and wrap some more gifts.

1 year ago:   Pound Cake with Grand Marnier Poached Fruit
2 years ago:  My New Nativity
3 years ago:  Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons

December 15, 2014  Sunrise 10:52 am  Sunset 2:40 pm  Temp. H 19/ L 9°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.