Friday, May 24, 2019

Egg Salad Stuffed Bacon Cones and the Wrong Birthday Call


O.K. so it wasn't just last Sunday that was tough, it was the whole week.  I guess Monday was alright, I was just stiff and sore from yard work and my fall over the fence.  Tuesday was another story. 

I didn't sleep well Monday night so Tuesday I woke up really tired.  I stumbled down the stairs and let the dogs out, fed them and started my coffee.  Then, I remembered it was the Baby Boy's birthday.  So as my coffee brewed, I called him to wish him a happy day. When he answered the phone he said,
"Oh my gosh, my own mother doesn't remember my birthday."
"I know your birthday, remember, I was there." I said.
"My birthday is the 23." he replied
"I know and today is Thursday, May 23." was my indignant reply.
"Nope, it is Tuesday, May 21."
"I"ll call you in two days." I hastily said and hung up.

I called two days early.  It was going to be a long week.

So I made myself a little treat to get me through.  I love egg salad and I love bacon, so this was the perfect thing for my lunch.  I have cone and cannoli mold so I used those, but you could make your own with aluminum foil.  I made the parts, took them to work in individual containers and stuffed the bacon cones at lunchtime...I did have them for breakfast too, I wanted to take pictures after all!  So, these are good for breakfast, lunch or a little snack.  I think I make bacon cones and stuff them with a cheese for appetizers this summer.


Bacon Cones
6 pieces of bacon, I like to roll them a little flatter and they shape easier that way
6 home made or pre-made cones or tubes

Preheat oven to 375°F.  Wind bacon around molds and place on baking sheet lined with parchment.  Bake for 15-20 minutes until bacon is crispy.  Let cool slightly and then remove from molds.  Cool completely and fill with your favorite egg salad, chicken salad, or cheese.

This makes any week better.

7 years ago:   A Letter to My Hero

May 24, 2019  Sunrise 3:57am  Sunset 11:40 pm   Temp H 65/ L 49°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.