Friday, December 20, 2019

Keto Irish Cream and Santa's Little Helper Drink of the Week


In the summer when we went camping with our niece and nephew, they would always bring Irish Cream for morning coffee.  We are camping so morning drinking is allowed, and this is a no judge zone.

Well, they moved and I will be responsible for my own Irish Cream for my coffee. So I began to look for a Keto version I could make. This is easy to make and a little too easy to drink!  I'll be ready for camping season...in 5 months.  In the meantime I'll just have to be happy with Irish Cream in my coffee on Sunday, before brunch and my mimosa.

This will also be part of my Christmas drink of the week.  I love peppermint and the combination of peppermint with the Irish Cream is so delicious. Santa's Little Helper will be one of my go to drinks this season, I get more than one drink of the week this time of year.

Keto Irish Cream

2 cups heavy cream
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 Tbsp. Cocoa powder
1 tsp. instant espresso powder
1/2 cup confectioner's Swerve
1/2 tsp. caramel stevia liquid
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup Irish Whiskey

In medium sauce pan, heat cream until warm.  Add cocoa powder, instant espresso powder, confectioner's Swerve and caramel stevia.  Mix well.  Remove from heat and let cool.  Add vanilla and whiskey, mix well.  Store in refrigerator.


Santa's Little Helper

2 oz. Keto Irish Cream
1 oz. Peppermint vodka
sugar free chocolate syrup

Swirl glass with chocolate syrup.  In a shaker, mix Irish Cream and vodka.  Pour into prepared glass.
Enjoy
Makes 1 drink

5 years ago: A Farewell to June
7 years ago: My New Nativity

December 20, 2019  Sunrise 10:56 am  Sunset 2:39 pm  Temp H -26/ L -30°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.