Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Oreo Cheesecake


The other day, my son told me about one of his professors who was asking the class for recipes. My son helped her out and gave her my blog. (That was really sweet, and thinking that this blog could help anyone with recipes just shows you  how much he doesn't cook.) A few weeks later, she thanked him for the suggestion, told him she liked the recipes and also the stories, especially the ones about the Baby Boy and the Chick.
"I forgot you wrote about me." He said. "I was a little embarrassed."

Well, I hope she read about the Baby Boy eating his soap ball so I can hold that over his head, because I'm kind like that.  He teases me so much that I have to get him back once in a while.


I made this cheesecake for a birthday at work. I heard this person liked cheesecake and Oreos, so it was natural to make an Oreo cheesecake for him. The best part about it is we all got to enjoy. 

Oreo Cheesecake
from SnackWorks.com

36 Oreos, divided
1/3 cup butter, melted
3 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs, room temperature

whipped cream
mini Oreo cookies for garnish

Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spray sides of spring form pan with cooking spray.

In a food processor, crush 26 Oreo cookies until fine crumbs form, add melted butter and process until mixed.  Pour crumbs into an 8" springform pan.  Press to the bottom and up the sides about 2 inches.  Set aside.

Mix cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and vanilla until smooth.  Add eggs, one at a time, until incorporated.  Chop the rest of the Oreo cookies and fold into cheese mixture.  Pour into springform pan and smooth top.

Bake for 55-60 minutes, until cheesecake is light golden brown and slightly set.  The middle will still jiggle a bit.  Let cool 10 minutes, run a knife around the edge to release the sides of the cake from the pan.  Let cool completely.  Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.

Release cake from pan.  Decorate with whipped cream and mini Oreo cookies.  Enjoy.

2 years ago:   Easy Peppermint Pretzels
3 years ago:   Biscuits and Gravy, It's What's for Dinner
5 years ago:   When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Meatball Subs

December 7, 2016  Sunrise 10:37am  Sunset 2:48pm  Temp H -15/ L -20˚F


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.