Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Blueberry, White Chocolate, Oatmeal Cookies


The boys are headed out to moose camp.  My brother is coming up and he loves cookies.  I made him a deal, if he carefully packed my dragon tea set and brought it up to me, I would bake for him.  So, every Wednesday, when I bake for the Soup Kitchen, I've been making a double batch and putting 2 dozen unbaked cookie balls in the freezer.  When he shows up with the tea set I'll bake those cookies and send him into moose camp with a bounty!

Now, word has got out about the cookies for Cal.  The other hunters really like sweets, and have been giving me a hard time about baking for my brother and the fact that he doesn't share, so I should bake for them too.  My brother in law's favorite cookies are oatmeal raisin, so I made him some, put them in a bag and labeled it "Len's Cookies."  Everyone is coming over for dinner tonight so I'll get some heat for that, but they don't know I've made cookies for everyone; a double batch of brownies, oatmeal with dried cherry and chocolate chips and a big pan of sugar cookie bars.  There will be enough for everyone to share.
Frozen blueberries, ready for a ziplock bag for freezer storage.

This week I made these blueberry, white chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.  Two dozen are in the freezer for my brother and 6 dozen went to the Soup Kitchen.  It was a wonderful cookies to use some of my blueberry stash.


Blueberry, White Chocolate, Oatmeal cookies

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
21 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries, fresh work but frozen berries don't crush as easily

Preheat oven to 350°F.  Line cookie sheets with parchment.

In a medium bowl, or in a stand mixer, cream the butter, shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy 3-5 minutes on medium speed.  Add egg and vanilla extract, mix until creamy.

In a small bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.  Mixing on low, add flour mixture into creamed mixture until fully combined.  Add oatmeal and white chocolate chips and mix.  Add blueberries and gently mix them in.

Scoop 2 Tbsp. (I use a #40 scoop) of cookie dough into balls on prepared cookie sheets.  Bake for 12-15 minutes, rotating pans half way through baking.  Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before removing to cooling racks.  Makes about 4 doz.

1 year ago:    Sunflower Decorated Cookies
3 years ago:   A Surprise for Dave and Halibut Olympia
5 years ago:   The Hip MRI and Moon Pie Mug Cake
7 years ago:   End of the Garden

September 2, 2020  Sunrise 6:36 am,  Sunset 9:02 pm Temp. H 60/ L 42°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.