Monday, September 14, 2020

Fall, Spiders and Keto Lemon Mug Cake




There is a giant spider in the employee bathroom.  I've been going upstairs to my bedroom to use the bathroom up there since I can't get the janitor to clean that spider away.  And, it's a real problem because today is the day I'm the janitor is supposed clean the bathrooms, according to the cleaning schedule.

Well, this morning I forgot a bit about the spider and waited too long to head to the employee bathroom so there wasn't time to go upstairs.  And, just as I'm pulling down my pants I see the spider hanging from the night light right behind the toilet.  I decided I could be brave, and my old lady bladder wouldn't let me wait anymore, so I went...leaning way forward away from that giant spider, as quickly as I could.

When I was done, I looked at that spider hanging there, it did't move.  Is it dead?  It had been in the bathroom a while.  So, I  blew on it.  Nothing.  I blew on it harder.  Still nothing.  I decided it must be dead and I could be brave and get a piece of tissue and throw it away.  So, I took a deep breath, grabbed a handful little piece of tissue and swiped at it.

AND IT MOVED.

It dropped down on its web to the floor. I screeched and jumped back  calmly left the employee bathroom as the spider disappeared behind the toilet.  I am never going back in there again.

I needed to calm my nerves, and when I'm anxious I bake.  So I headed into the kitchen to make myself this lemon mug cake.  I guess using the upstairs bathroom during the work day will help me get my steps in and work off all the mug cakes I've been making and eating.

UPDATE: I noticed the spider hanging from the night light again, so I called maintenance and had him re-home the spider to outside.  Bathroom breaks, in the employee bathroom, are safe again.
Lemon Mug Cake
1 egg
1/4 cup almond flour
1 1/2 Tbsp. powdered Swerve, or sweetener of choice
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. lemon zest
1/8 tsp. lemon extract, optional
juice from 1/2 lemon, about 2 Tbsp.

Spray a large microwave safe mug or small bowl with cooking spray.  Crack egg into mug and whisk with a fork. Add all the other ingredients and mix well.  Cook in microwave for 90 seconds.  Cake will rise over double in size and then shrink back down, make sure you use a large enough mug.
top with sweetened whipped cream, yogurt or fruit.

To make cake as shown above, microwave in a bowl, after cooking, let cool 2 minutes and turn out onto a cutting board.  Let cake cool for 5 minutes.  Split cake horizontally into two evenish halves.  Place one half on plate, top with swerve sweetened whipped cream and sliced strawberries.  Top with second halt and top with more whipped cream, sliced strawberries and blackberries.  
Serves 1 or 2

1 year ago:    Mushroom Cookies

September 14, 2020  Sunrise 7:18 am  Sunset 8:10 pm  Temp. H 55/ L 42°F


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.